Thursday, April 12, 2012

A New Focus


It's hard to believe that two months have gone by since my last post. I'm happy to report that emotionally, I'm doing better than I did throughout the cold months. Winter was a lot harder than I anticipated - most likely because I had unrealistic expectations that I would be doing better by now.

In a recent conversation with a friend who was a widow years ago, I shared that I felt I was going backward because I had enjoyed other seasons when I was doing so much better. With her encouraging voice of experience, she assured me that I wasn't going backward - just going through.  Her supportive statement gave me a fresh portion of hopefulness and pushed me into a more positive mindset. Her words of wisdom were just what I needed to spur me on. 

In September last year, I did a search for Christian widowhood blogs and found a website that blessed me. It is titled: Widows Christian Place. The site's writer, Ferree, was a widow a few years ago and has remarried. Her website is her gift to widows and a beautiful ministry that she knew was greatly needed, as there was nothing like it available in her time of need. She has encouraged us along the way and introduced us to other widowed bloggers. Ferree recommended keeping a journal to help process our seasons of grief and invited us to share our stories on her site through her blog list. She was so gracious to include my blogs there.

Through this source I found a community of brokenhearted women who were walking the same path. I made some new friends who really understood and we encouraged each other. Many gifted writers can be found there. As they shared their hearts, they helped to heal mine and I am thankful! Many have gleaned from their godly wisdom, as they shared how important it is to depend of our personal relationship with the Lord to get through this lengthy difficult season.

Over the past several months, I have sensed the Lord's nudge to work on developing my writing skills.  So in an effort to become a better writer, I have started reading books to review the basics and to equip myself with the tools I need to become a better communicator. My participation as a member of the writers group at my church has been instrumental in helping me to reach my goals and continues to inspire me to try new things. As I have new writings to share, I will publish them here.

I am thankful and humbled that you are still following my journey and I am very blessed that you still care. Thank you for your concern and your faithfulness as I am quickly approaching the three year anniversary of Buck's relocation to his eternal home. It's still very difficult to face life without my sweetheart, but the arrival of spring makes everything better!

http://bigflowers1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Spring-Flowers-Wallpaper.jpg







                                                                         
                                                                                                          Photo credit: bigflowers1.com
 "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

2 comments:

  1. Renee, it was nice to read your post this morning. I am just a little ahead of you in my grief journey. The first year is the shock and numb survival year. Year two is when reality hits. I am 5 months into year 3 and don't have a name for it yet, but it has not been what I expected after this amount of time has passed. I've found that the easiest way to get through this journey is to just take one day at a time.

    It's wonderful to hear that you are working toward becoming a better writer! Could you share with me what books you are reading in order to do that? You can email me at candyfeathers@gmail.com I think that's great! Looking forward to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee, lovely to catch up with you through your wonderful words. The writing class and books must have been a great help, or maybe I think your gift was there all along you jest needed the reassurance. I keep wanting to put my feelings into words on my Blog but can't seem to get them out of my mind onto the paper. I am still only 7months on Sunday into my journey and it will be our Wedding Anniversary 33yrs on Saturday. Widows Christian Place was a balm from God for me too, it definitely was from Him as I found it even though I am in the UK. The Lord bless you and continue to open doors as you faithfully follow the path set by your Heavenly Father xx

    ReplyDelete